IVY - The World's First Social University
September 21 - 24, 2017
Join Us For
IVY x Oktoberfest | Cultural Expedition to Munich, Germany
Join the most boisterous IVY crew ever assembled for an unforgettable cultural expedition to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. In true IVY fashion, we’ve created a jam-packed agenda to make this the most immersive, educational, and fun way to experience Munich and the Bavarian festivities with fellow members from all across the US. Imagine yourself dressed in traditional lederhosen and dirndl for a marathon expedition including giant tent parties; private tables at the world-famous Hofbräuhaus and table dancing to live folk music with giant steins in hand; a wide variety of Munich brewing tours, tastings, and food pairings with some of the best local German Brewmasters; guided bicycle tours of Munich; and more!
Willkommen in München!
- Join forces at our hotel in Munich, just a short walk from the Oktoberfest grounds, and home base for our long weekend together. Drop your bags and get ready to dive right in!
- At check-in, receive your lederhosen and dirndl outfits, critical for our adventure over the next few days. You will also receive a giant IVY bier stein!
- Head straight to the world-famous Hofbräuhaus beer tent, where IVY has an exclusive all-day reservation at arguably the most boisterous party at Oktoberfest — selling nearly 600,000 liters of beer through the festival and home to the beer angel Aloisius. Carouse with two liters of beer, a delicious chicken händel (vegetarian options always available), and get convivial with good company, live music, dancing on tables, and endless laughs. Halt deine Lederhosen fest! (Hold onto your Lederhosen!)
- Journey back to the hotel — perhaps you want to stop by a few more beer tents or the wine tent on your way — to get ready for our first evening out on the town.
- Enjoy an IVY welcome dinner tonight at one of the best local pubs in Munich! Indulge in a hearty meal of local fare while you meet your private guides and fellow travelers for the start of an unforgettable big first evening out. You’ll be saying “mehr bier, bitte!” in no time!
The Lay of the Land
- Breakfast is served! Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet at our hotel, with all the traditional Bavarian fixings.
- Start your day by wandering the Viktualienmarkt, an open-air market and beer garden, where we can enjoy beers al fresco.
- Next, get the overview of Munich’s most beautiful sites — some centuries-old — on a guided bicycle tour. See the Isar River and its most popular beaches, the Angel of Peace monument, the Maximilianeum, the gorgeous Müllersches Volksbad public bath, St. Luke’s Church, and the Deutsches Museum, the world’s largest museum of science and technology.
- Our last stop will be the sprawling English Garden, where we will have a group lunch at the famed Seehaus amidst lush scenery.
- This afternoon, take an expert-led tour of the Oktoberfest grounds, learning about the long history and traditions of the festival, as well as hidden gems and behind-the-scenes peeks. Let’s make a name for ourselves as we tent-hop, chasing the best music, liveliest crowds, and most abundantly flowing beer!
- Join together for another memorable group dinner. Over the best of Munich’s festival fare, take in the sights & sounds of festival goers transitioning from daytime celebrations to the buzzing energy of twilight at Oktoberfest.
- IVY all-you-can-beer after-party at a favorite local watering hole. Ein prosit!
Munich’s Brewing Legacy
- After a tasty breakfast, get a beer-ducation during a guided beer tour of Munich! Learn all about Munich’s rich beer culture in the city that rightly claims to be the beer capital of the world. Try a variety of beers and local culinary delicacies with your cicerone in Munich’s oldest beer halls, and see the watering holes where the locals go.
- This afternoon, be free to explore the carnival grounds together, hopping on the carousel or wild rides of the Wiesn, opting for a strudel, or meeting new friends back at the beer tents.
- Enjoy a hearty IVY farewell dinner and cheers with your big stein to the incredible memories of the weekend!
- After dinner, end the trip strong at our IVY farewell dance party at a German disco.
- After-after party. Stocked beer. Full bellies. Some may make it to sunrise.
Pending availability, we’ll confirm your reservation and process your final payments on a rolling basis. The special IVY x Oktoberfest | Cultural Expedition to Munich Package will cost $99 non-refundable deposit + $1,995 final payment and cover all fixed costs, including shared accommodations at our retro-design hotel in Munich; all meals and drinks on the itinerary; admission to all proposed activities; and a personal pair of dirndl or lederhosen. This trip is non-refundable once your full payment is processed. If you’re interested in bringing a guest, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Members are Responsible for:
- Flights to and from Munich Airport. Airfare is an added cost due to the varied home destinations of travelers, although through our partners, we're able to offer select discounted airfare (pending availability). If you're interested, please reach out to the IVY Flight Concierge with your ideal dates, airports & departure times via email@example.com.
- Meals and drinks outside IVY offerings.
- Accommodations are double occupancy unless a private single supplement is requested at an additional cost of $499 (subject to availability).
We believe everyone has limitless potential. Our mission is to trigger transformative ideas and collaborations that lead to unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Through meaningful experiences with inspiring individuals, IVY provides a lifelong supply of new friendships, opportunities, and ideas.
"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks." — Johann Gottfried von Herder