IVY - The World's First Social University
July 19 - 22, 2018
Join Us For
IVY X Amalfi Coast, Under The Capri Sun
What do you know about the Amalfi Coast? That rugged mountains meet the Mediterranean, that ancient towns line the beaches, that limoncello and wine pour freely, and that the food simply cannot be beaten? If that’s what you’ve heard, you’re mistaken. It’s better.
We’re headed to the land of ethereal coasts and unparalleled splendor in this IVY Getaway, offering our members four days in heaven with the itinerary of a lifetime. From oceanside dinners and the world’s oldest pizzerias, to palatial gardens and stunning hikes, our IVY x Amalfi Coast: Under the Capri Sun adventure will redefine the notion of wanderlust and leave you begging for more.
See you there.
Benvenuti in Costiera Amalfitana
- Plan to arrive at Naples Municipal Airport in the morning. You’ve got four magical days ahead of you.
- We’ll meet up at our luxurious Sorrento accommodations — the posh Hotel Cristina Sorrento — which offers panoramic views over the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius. Comfort, views, and the coast.
- Sit down to a welcome poolside lunch with unforgettable views and large terraces overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Following our meal, we’ll head into the cliffside town of Positano, where Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are said to have written “Midnight Rambler.” There, we’ll take in the Amalfi Coast lifestyle and try some of the area’s beloved limoncello in an elegant tasting.
- Beaches in this part of the world are all that you expect them to be. Look forward to a serene afternoon where the water meets the shore under the Mediterranean sun.
- Dinner will be served oceanside this evening at the base of Positano. Experience the local flavors and learn how to dine like the locals do.
- Party time. We’re heading to the pulsing Music on the Rocks nightclub to enjoy the rest of the evening with drinks & dancing.
Buon Giorno. The Enchanting Island of Capri.
- You might be asking yourself, “why would I ever want to leave Sorrento?” That’s because we haven’t yet been to Capri. After a delicious Italian breakfast, we’ll take the morning ferry out.
- We’ll have a private boat to ourselves to circumnavigate the island. Cameras are a must!
- Check out La Grotta Azzura. Words will scant do the cool blue waters in the massive chasm justice. Thankfully on this trip, they won’t have to.
- Once back ashore, we’ll ride to the top of the stunning Monte Solaro via a ski-style chairlift. While this trip is all about the vistas, this one is particularly breathtaking, and at 589m above sea level, is the highest one we will encounter on our journey. Oh, and did we mention gelato?
- At the top of Capri is the town of Anacapri, which though smaller than other cities, is known for its charm and authenticity. Claude Debussy is said to have frequented the city regularly. We’ll take in the stunning views over a tantalizing lunch.
- We’ll then head to The Gardens of Augustus for what we’re sure will be more than just your typical “walk in the park” and down the beautiful, switchback-laden Via Krupp coastal hike.
- Time to cool off at the La Fontelina Beach Club. Hang out on the rocky coast on the seaside overlooking Capri’s most iconic sight, the faraglioni formations. Don’t worry, we’ve already rented beach chairs.
- It’s hard to leave heaven, so we’ll stick around for drinks and dinner in this lovely locale enjoying local wine and some delectable Italian cuisine.
- Unfortunately, we’ve missed the ferries, but we’re not too worried about it. Hop aboard our private chartered watercraft to enjoy the sunset and a relaxing evening on the water.
- Who said anything about bedtime? We’re bar crawling through Sorrento!
Ancient Cities, Palatial Gardens, and Ravello’s Best Restaurant & Pizzeria
- Following breakfast at our hotel, we’ll depart for Ravello, a charming coastal town and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our first stop is the majestic Ravella Duomo, known for its impressive clay statues and simple beauty. Lovers of the cathedral’s works can look forward to more art on our informative tour of various ceramic studios.
- Once again, we’re afraid that we can’t do justice to a stop on our itinerary, but suffice to say the Cimbrone Gardens will captivate your attention and leave you asking why you don’t live on the Amalfi Coast.
- Panoramas and UNESCO sites have the tendency to inspire hunger. We’ll sate our appetites at Pizzeria Mimi with authentic cuisine.
- After lunch, we’re heading to Pontone to hike the Valley of the Mills, concluding this 5km jaunt among lemon trees, waterfalls, and rare plants, at the ancient town of Amalfi, the coast’s namesake.
- We’ll cool off seaside, swimming in the hypnotic waters and enjoying delicious drinks.
- Back in Sorrento, we’ll share one final dinner together before hitting the clubs in the city.
Pompeii and Away…
- We’ll pack and gather for breakfast before saying arrivederci to Sorrento and hopping on the ferry to Naples.
- Few things conjure visions of the ancients like the site of Pompeii, the ruins of the famed city destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius in the first century. You don’t have to be an archaeologist to appreciate the history you will uncover here.
- It would be a shame to miss out on Neapolitan pizza at the site of its inception, so for our last meal together we’ll put the Chicago/New York debate to rest and settle on the original.s
- Nothing lasts forever, and while we’d certainly never want it to, our trip must come to an end. After a bus transfer to Naples Airport, we’ll part ways and continue our journeys elsewhere, certain to return someday.
Payment Terms & Conditions
|Final Payment||$2,249||Charged the Friday following your RSVP|
|Total Trip Cost||$2,499|
All meals, drinks, and activities listed on the itinerary (unless otherwise specified)
Shared accommodations; a limited number of single rooms are available for an additional cost of $225, charged immediately upon request
All in-country transportation for included activities
Members are Responsible For:
Airfare to and from Naples Airport. Please plan to arrive at Naples by 11:30 AM local time on Thursday, July 19 and depart after 4:00 PM local time on Sunday, July 22.
Any meals, drinks, and activities NOT listed on the itinerary
IVY Travel Terms & Conditions
IVY Booking Policies
Your deposit must be paid immediately upon booking (refundable where canceled within 24 hours of booking)
100% of the total cost of the booking must be paid by the first Friday following your reservation
All payments will be charged to the default card on your IVY account, any failed payments may result in your reservation being forfeited"
IVY Cancellation Policies
If canceling within 24 hours of placing your booking you will receive a full refund of your deposit
Cancellation after this period incurs cancellation fees
All payments are non-transferable
Cancellation Fees (as a percentage of total trip cost)
If you cancel...
Within the first 24 hours of RSVP – deposit is fully refundable
From 24 hours after RSVP until the final payment is charged – deposit is non-refundable
Thereafter, until 60 days before trip (05/20/18) – the cancellation fee is 40%
Thereafter, until 30 days before trip (06/19/18) – the cancellation fee is 70%
After 06/20/18 - the cancellation fee is 100% (ie. non-refundable)
*All room supplements are non-refundable once requested and paid*
|CANCELLATION FEE BREAKDOWN|
|If Cancellation Date is...||Within 24 Hrs of your RSVP||Up until the first Friday following your RSVP||Up until 60 days before trip departure|
|Up until 30 days before trip departure|
|Less than 30 days before trip departure|
|Trip Start Date 7/19/2018|
(% of total trip cost)
|Total Amount Paid to Date:||$250||$250||$2,499||$2,499||$2,499|
|*Cancellation fees are based on a % of total trip cost|
*All room supplements are non-refundable once requested and paid
Are Guests Allowed?
YES! We are able to accommodate a limited number of guests for this trip, if you are interested in bringing a guest please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Accommodation Situation?
Shared Occupancy: This trip includes double occupancy accommodations, you will be assigned a roommate of the same gender
Requesting a Roommate: Please indicate on your reservation or email us at email@example.com if you would like to request a roommate
Single Room Supplements: A limited number of single rooms are available upon request for an additional charge, supplements are charged immediately and are non-refundable and non-transferable
Why is Airfare not included?
Airfare is an added cost due to the varied home destinations of travelers. If you need help reserving a flight please reach out to the IVY Flight Concierge with your ideal dates, airports & departure times via firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe everyone has limitless potential. Our mission is to trigger transformative ideas and collaborations that lead to unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Through meaningful experiences with inspiring individuals, IVY provides a lifelong supply of new friendships, opportunities, and ideas.
"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks." — Johann Gottfried von Herder